Jeffco 4-H Horse Project
4-H Record Books are also called e-Records. They can be downloaded from the State 4-H Website. Each project has its own record book that members are required to complete each year. The links to e-Records in the specific project areas are below. Record books are turned in at Interview Judging before the Jeffco Fair & Festival. In June, you will need to schedule an interview for each of your project areas and bring your record book with you to Interview Judging the week of the Jeffco Fair & Festival.
Jeffco 4-H Horse Council
Horse Judging Team
2018 Horse Show Schedule AND Showbills (When Available)
Show Schedule Document (Subject to Change)
- July 15 – Golden Spurs – Jefferson Event Center, Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- August 5 – Conifer Gymkhana – McKeever Arena, Conifer
- August 9 & 10 – County Fair, Westernaire’s Area, Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- August 18, Conifer Gymkhana – McKeever Arena, Conifer
- August 23-26 – State Fair, Pueblo
- September 8 – Equine Event, Rodeo Arena, Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- September 29 – 4-H Fun Show/Clinic, Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- Contact the Extension Office for information at 303-271-6620.
- Stan Sours Versatility Award. This award is given in honor of Stand Sours who touched and influenced so many lives through his horsemanship and love of people. Stan Sours
Jeffco Fair & Festival
Attend the Jeffco Fair & Festival on August 10-12.
- There will be required Horse Project written tests and optional Livestock Incentive Program written tests on your species on Tuesday, August 7, in the ECMR from 9:00-11:00a.m. and 1:00-3:00p.m. Plan to attend this test working around your Interview times.
- 4-H Horse Show will be on Thursday, August 9, at 8:30a.m. Horse stalls have already been reserved for those requesting them, so there may not be any more space available to stall horses during the fair.
- Horse members will be prompted to nominate someone for the Penny Crosby Award in the FairEntry system.
- We are asking Horse & Horseless Horse members to sign up for Educational activities for the general public during the Fair & Festival to sign up for a time slot please click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQrfLfvW2qOCbXqXvA9TCFH2OXcZ7BxJzElQ38hqRZE/edit?usp=sharing