4-H Youth Development
4-H is a national youth development program that has been in existence for more than 100 years. The primary goal of 4-H is to assist youth in developing life skills that help them live productive and satisfying lives.
Some important life skills include making decisions, solving problems, relating to others, planning and organizing, communicating with others, leading self and others, and applying science and technology.
Being part of a 4-H club is one of the most meaningful ways to participate in 4-H. Youth can also be involved in special interest programs, school enrichment and mentoring programs sponsored by 4-H.
Browse by project:
Enrichment and Outreach Programs:
Important Jeffco 4-H News and Announcements
- Enrollment for the 2019-2020 4-H year is open. Existing 4-H Members must re-enroll by December 22, 2019 to avoid the $90.00 late enrollment fee. Enroll in Jeffco 4-H
- 4-H Tree sales are occurring now until April 1, 2020.
- Get ready to kick up your heels for the 7th Annual 4-H Barn Dance and Fundraiser on Saturday, May 2 from 4:30 – 9:00 p.m. at the Jefferson County Fairground Event Center.
- We ask our volunteers to track their volunteer hours each month as well as report on impacts they make to the 4-H Youth Development Program. As part of our Jefferson County CSU Extension Strategic Plan, we will extend Extension learning experiences throughout the county with trained volunteers engaged in delivering 23,000 hours of educational programs annually by 2021. Our goal is a 30% increase from 13,000 hours. Leaders can report their hours on this easy Google Form.
- Summer Camps – A licensed child care provider, the program offers students entering 3rd grade a chance to become science explorers and those entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grades to explore Colorado’s natural and cultural history. Check out the Summer Camps page to learn more.
- Each year, 4-H livestock members show and sell breeding and market animals at the fair. During the year, they seek supporters for the 4-H Livestock Auction and Youth Market. Jeffco Livestock Enrichment Programs, Inc., a 501(c)(3), hosts a pig roast before these events on the Sunday of the fair, beginning at 11:00am in the Event Center on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds.