Jeffco 4-H Livestock Projects
4-H Record Books are also called e-Records. They can be downloaded from the State 4-H Website. Each project has its own record book that members are required to complete each year. The links to e-Records in the specific project areas are below. Record books are turned in at Interview Judging before our County Fair. In June, you will need to schedule an interview for each of your project areas and bring your record book with you to Interview Judging the week of the Jeffco Fair & Festival.
- Agendas / Minutes
- Moore Farm 4-H Partnership. Please review the application and guidelines.
- Beef Weigh-In, Sunday February 17, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Equine Gastrointestinal Tract Clinic, Tues., Feb. 19, 6:30 PM at the JL&B Feed Store, 7040 Indiana Street, Arvada
- Frontrange Livestock Association Meeting, February 23, 2019, 8:30 a.m. (Arbor House)
- Larimer County Field Day, February 23, 2019 All Day
- Big R Producing Partners Program – Program opens March 1st, 2019
- Barn Dance, May 5
- MQA, May 8th Exhibit Halls – See more info below
- Park County Spring Classic – June 1st
- Pleasant Park Show Camp – Saturday, June 29; McKeever Arena
Livestock Quiz Bowl Team
All 4-H members are encouraged to participate in the Quiz Bowl! It’s purpose is to support an education or interest in livestock and all are welcome. You do not need to be in a livestock project to participate.
Contact the Extension Office for information.
New Antibiotic Rules – Guidance 209
As of January 2, 2017, youth raising livestock will face major changes regarding access to feed and water medications. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is implementing these new rules, known as Guidance 209, for antibiotic use in all animals raised for food. More information can be found in this Fact Sheet from CSU Extension and in this Pork Checkoff brochure. This affects all market animals, not just swine.
Meat Quality Assurance is on Friday, May 8, 5-8 pm at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall 3. This is for all livestock members who are in any livestock project groups including pig, rabbit, poultry, beef, sheep, goats or anything that could go into the food chain. You need to attend event if you’re not planning on going to auction.
You are welcome to attend any of the other sessions on the schedule, please just let the 4-H Office know so we can accurately update your information. Some details for some of the sessions are still being finalized, we will update with the most complete schedules as they come available.
As a note: PQA is no longer offered at the youth level. For 4-H the MQA certification will be sufficient for all of our species. Other shows may require another quality assurance certification (YQCA, BQA, etc.) so please check those requirements.
4-H Youth Livestock Auction and Market
4-H Livestock Award Sponsorship
Jeffco Fair & Festival
Attend the Jeffco Fair & Festival on August 9-11.