Jeffco 4-H Livestock Projects
4-H Record Books are also called e-Records. They can be downloaded from the State 4-H Website. Each project has its own record book that members are required to complete each year. The links to e-Records in the specific project areas are below. Record books are turned in at Interview Judging before our County Fair. In June, you will need to schedule an interview for each of your project areas and bring your record book with you to Interview Judging the week of the Jeffco Fair & Festival.
Livestock Quiz Bowl Team
All 4-H members are encouraged to participate in the Quiz Bowl! It’s purpose is to support an education or interest in livestock and all are welcome. You do not need to be in a livestock project to participate. The dates are: February 16th and 23rd, March 16th and 23rd, April 20th and 22nd, May 18th and 25th and June 15 in the ECMR at 7:30 p.m.
Livestock Judging Team
Contact the Extension Office for information.
New Antibiotic Rules – Guidance 209
As of January 2, 2017, youth raising livestock will face major changes regarding access to feed and water medications. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is implementing these new rules, known as Guidance 209, for antibiotic use in all animals raised for food. More information can be found in this Fact Sheet from CSU Extension and in this Pork Checkoff brochure. This affects all market animals, not just swine.
Meat Quality Assurance is on Wednesday, May 9, 5-8 pm at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall 3. This is for all livestock members who are in any livestock project groups including pig, rabbit, poultry, beef, sheep, goats or anything that could go into the food chain. You need to attend event if you’re not planning on going to auction.
4-H Youth Livestock Auction and Market
4-H Livestock Award Sponsorship
Jeffco Fair & Festival
Attend the Jeffco Fair & Festival on August 10-12.
- There will be required Horse Project written tests and optional Livestock Incentive Program written tests on your species on Tuesday, August 7, in the ECMR from 9:00-11:00a.m. and 1:00-3:00p.m. Plan to attend this test working around your Interview times.
- 4-H Livestock check-in will be on Wednesday, August 8. Pigs and rabbits will come in from 8:00-9:00 am. Sheep, goats, and poultry will come in from 9:00 -10:00 am, and cattle will check in from 10:00 – 10:30 am. All animals must be checked in by 10:30am. All livestock, rabbits, and poultry must remain on the fairgrounds until check-out on Sunday, August 12, at 6:00pm. Members must feed/water and clean pens for their animals by 9:00am each day of the fair.
- Intent to Sell in the livestock Auction Forms are due to the Livestock Office in the Event Center by 4:00p.m. on Saturday, August 11.
- County Council is hosting an Ice Cream Social on Sunday, August 12, from 4-6pm in the Event Center. Please RSVP for the Ice Cream Social in FairEntry.
- Adults, if you are able to volunteer with a variety of duties for which we need help, please sign up at this Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MNyM4k26LosE1kVgiTPShxSk5MhibbgMff960V4m5Gs/edit?usp=sharing.