Jeffco 4-H Livestock Projects
4-H Record Books are also called e-Records. They can be downloaded from the State 4-H Website. Each project has its own record book that members are required to complete each year. The links to e-Records in the specific project areas are below. Record books are turned in at Interview Judging before our County Fair. In June, you will need to schedule an interview for each of your project areas and bring your record book with you to Interview Judging the week of the Jeffco 4-H Fair.
- Agendas / Minutes
- 4-14-22 Agenda / Minutes
- 3-10-22 Agenda / Minutes
- 1-13-22 Agenda / Minutes
- 12-9-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 11-11-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 10-14-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 9-9-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 7-8-21 Agenda / Minutes N/A
- 6-10-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 5-13-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 4-8-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 3-11-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 2-11-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 1-14-21 Agenda / Minutes
- 12-10-20 Agenda / Minutes
- 11-12-20 Agenda / Minutes
- 10-8-20 Agenda / Minutes
Livestock Quiz Bowl Team
All 4-H members are encouraged to participate in the Quiz Bowl! It’s purpose is to support an education or interest in livestock and all are welcome. You do not need to be in a livestock project to participate.
Contact the Extension Office for information.
Jeffco 4-H Fair
This event is scheduled for July 29- August 6, 2023 and celebrates the creativity of Jefferson County 4-H Youth. 2023 Fairbook coming in the Spring!
New Antibiotic Rules – Guidance 209
As of January 2, 2017, youth raising livestock will face major changes regarding access to feed and water medications. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is implementing these new rules, known as Guidance 209, for antibiotic use in all animals raised for food. More information can be found in this Fact Sheet from CSU Extension and in this Pork Checkoff brochure. This affects all market animals, not just swine.
Meat Quality Assurance (MQA) Certification
- Meat Quality Assurance is scheduled for Wednesday, May 4, 2022 from 5-8pm at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds – Exhibit Hall 3. This is for all livestock members who are in any livestock project groups including pig, rabbit, poultry, beef, sheep, goats or anything that could go into the food chain. You need to attend event even if you’re not planning on going to auction. You are welcome to attend other county’s sessions, please just let the 4-H Office know so we can accurately update your information.
- As a note: PQA is no longer offered at the youth level. For 4-H the MQA certification will be sufficient for all of our species. Other shows may require another quality assurance certification (YQCA, BQA, etc.) so please check those requirements.
4-H Youth Livestock Auction and Market
Each year, 4-H livestock members show and sell market animals at the fair. During the year, they seek supporters for the Livestock Auction and Youth Market. The Jeffco Livestock Enrichment Programs, Inc., a 501(c)(3), hosts a pig roast before these events at the fair. If you can help out the program, download our fundraising letter. Thank you to everyone who purchased animals or 4-H products at the prior Jeffco Fair & Festival 4-H Youth Livestock Auction and Market. We appreciate your support of our youth!
- Youth Livestock Auction and Market Brochure
- Youth Livestock Auction Flyer
- Pig Roast Payment Form
4-H Livestock Award Sponsorship
The 4-H Livestock Council is seeking sponsors for awards for belt buckles and jackets given to youth at the Jeffco 4-H Fair. Please see our award sponsor letter for more information on how you can support the 4-H Livestock program.