4-H Summer Day Camps
ENOR Environmental Discovery Camp
Eagle’s Nest Owl’s Roost (ENOR) Environmental Discovery Camp is an award-winning program of CSU Extension Jefferson County 4-H program that has been providing outdoor learning experiences since 1974.
2023 Camp dates:
- June 12-16 – 4thgrade Owls, 5thgrade Eagles & 6th grade Falcons in session
- June 19-23 – 4thgrade Owls, 5thgrade Eagles & 6th grade Falcons in session
- June 26-30 – 4thgrade Owls, 5thgrade Eagles & 7th/8th grade Raptors in session
- July 10-14 – 4thgrade Owls, 5thgrade Eagles & 7th/8th grade Raptors in session
ENOR’s Distinctive Camp Culture
Distinct from other outdoor camps are ENOR’s FOCUS, OUTDOOR ACTIVITY, CARE, AND PARTNERSHIPS.
ENOR’s FOCUS is environmental education and youth development rather than recreation. Each day the curriculum highlights unique environmental and social themes that guide learning. Science, math, history, drama, art, and teamwork are woven into the activities to meet the diverse interests of the young learners.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: To encourage healthy lifestyles, active engagement with the outdoors, and perseverance through challenge, the camp day includes hiking in local parks and open spaces. Campers are transported by Jeffco Public School buses to unique locations each day.
CARE: Campers are assigned to one caring educator for the week. This gives campers the opportunity to bond with their leader and peers, creating a pathway to comfort and safety, supporting an environment of learning.
PARTNERSHIPS: Personalized instruction is paired with supplemental programming from a number of community partners that enhance the opportunity for the campers to broaden their horizons and interact with professionals in various fields.
- Owl’s Roost (4th grade in fall 2023)
- Eagle’s Nest (5th grade in fall 2023)
- Falcon’s Aerie (6th grade in fall 2023)
- Raptor’s Retreat Welcome 7th & 8th grade campers to Raptor’s Retreat! Lack of resources has not allowed for the development of rotating curriculum for 7th – 9th grade as originally planned. The Raptor’s camp for 7th & 8th grade campers will be offered the summer of 2023, with the final decision on camp grade levels TBD post camp.
- Youth Leadership Team (YLT) for teens 16-18 years old.
- Due to the outdoor venue and physical nature of the program, children must be sighted and ambulatory to attend camp. There are several hikes that are not suitable for non-sighted children as they are steep with loose rock, posing an accident hazard to the child. Reasonable accommodations will be made for children with disabilities other than those previously mentioned.
Children with specialized medical needs: Instructors are not specifically trained in the care of children with specialized medical needs. If your child has a condition requiring specialized medical attention, please contact the camp coordinator to see if accommodations can be made. Please keep in mind that our primary concern is for the child’s safety. ENOR complies with the American with Disabilities Act and the Nurse Practice Act.
- We do not accommodate requests for campers to be grouped with friends. However, we value that your child is interested in sharing his/her ENOR camp experience with a friend. Therefore the camp day is a balance of small and large group settings that allow all campers to spend time with familiar AND new friends! Additionally, it would be logistically challenging to honor friend requests in a manner that is fair to all campers. We appreciate your understanding and support in this matter.
Camp staff: The camp staff consists of highly qualified and trained professionals who are CPR/First Aid certified. Many are licensed teachers. The camp is recognized as a licensed child care provider.
SEEKING SEASONAL OUTDOOR EDUCATORS: We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic individuals for our upcoming 2023 team. The ideal candidate must be able to guide campers through experiential learning in a safe and caring environment, possess stellar customer service skills and be a supportive team player. This position is perfect for education students that are seeking teaching experience or teachers looking for summertime employment. Click HERE for more information. Application process opens February of 2023.