4-H Youth Development
4-H is a national youth development program that has been in existence for more than 100 years. The primary goal of 4-H is to assist youth in developing life skills that help them live productive and satisfying lives.
Some important life skills include making decisions, solving problems, relating to others, planning and organizing, communicating with others, leading self and others, and applying science and technology.
Being part of a 4-H club is one of the most meaningful ways to participate in 4-H. Youth can also be involved in special interest programs, school enrichment and mentoring programs sponsored by 4-H.
Browse by project:
Enrichment and Outreach Programs:
Important News and Announcements
- Enrollment for the 2016-2017 4-H year is now open until May 1, 2017. Existing 4-H Members must re-enroll by December 16, 2016, to avoid the $90.00 late enrollment fee. Click here to enroll in Jeffco 4-H.
- Click here to see the most recent Weekly 4-H Newsletter, which goes out to 4-H families on Fridays to keep you up-to-date!
- Summer Camps – A licensed child care provider, the program offers students entering 3rd grade a chance to become science explorers and those entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grades to explore Colorado’s natural and cultural history. Please check back in January 2017 to register.
- 4-H Barn Dance – Each year the Jeffco 4-H Funding Committee organizes a 4-H Barn Dance fund-raiser to support our members through scholarships, funding to leadership camps and conferences, and to help pay for educational programs and activities. The event is planned for Saturday, May 13, 2017, in the Event Center on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. The committee is seeking sponsors for this event! Please see the sponsorship levels letter and the auction item/donation form for more information. Members can use these forms when asking for donations for the silent and live auctions. Belt buckles will be awarded to the member who brings in the most donations or who sell the most tickets. An award will be given to the adult bringing in the most donations or selling the most tickets as well. The 4-H club or group selling the most tickets to the event will receive a pizza party! More information will be posted at the 4-H Barn Dance Facebook page, so stay tuned!
- Each year, 4-H livestock members show and sell breeding and market animals at the fair. During the year, they seek supporters for the 4-H Livestock Auction and Youth Market. Jeffco Livestock Enrichment Programs, Inc., a 501(c)(3), hosts a pig roast before these events on the Sunday of the fair, beginning at 11:00am in the Event Center on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds.