- Re-enroll in Jeffco 4-H
- Jeffco 4-H Fair
- County Council and County Council Funding
- Volunteer Awards
- Dress Code
- Code of Conduct
- Sportsmanship Guidelines
Registration for 2021/2022 is open. Existing 4-H Members must re-enroll by January 15, 2022 to avoid the $90.00 late enrollment fee.
Jeffco 4-H Fair
This event is scheduled for July 30-August 7, 2022 and celebrates the creativity of Jefferson County 4-H Youth. The 2022 Jeffco 4-H Fairbook will be coming soon.
Jefferson County 4-H Council
- Agendas and Minutes
County Council Funding
To apply for County Council Funding please read the Funding Support Guidelines. To apply, use the Application Funding Form. For trip funding requests, use the Youth Leadership Opportunity Funding Form. If requesting funding for State Fair, you also need the State Fair Funding Form.
4-H Volunteer Awards
Please nominate your favorite 4-H volunteer leaders for the following awards. Nominations are due September 1. Winners will be recognized at 4-H Achievement Night on the first Tuesday of October and may become our nominee for the state level award.
- Outstanding Club Organizational Leader
- Outstanding County or Club Project Leader
- Outstanding First Year Leader (Jefferson County Award Only)
- Outstanding District/State Leader
- Outstanding Chaperone
- Communicator Award
- Above and Beyond Award
- National 4-H Council Salute to Excellence Awards
- Leadership Development Conference (LDC) Leadership Development Conference is an opportunity for 14-18 year olds to experience Citizenship first hand through a variety of opportunities to explore legislation, meet with State legislators, and to interact with their peers. LDC is held at the Renaissance Hotel in Denver. LDC is held in conjunction with 4-H Day at the Capital, where youth get to spend the morning at the State Capital, sometimes they even get to meet with the Governor. Typically held the last weekend in January with 4-H Day at the Capital on Monday.
- Youth Fest The State 4-H Senate officer team plans and conducts a camp for 4-H members ages 9-13. Youth will be able to participate in many different activities throughout the weekend including the famous “Dancing” workshop. Youth learn valuable skills that youth can take back and utilize in their counties. The camp usually takes place in early February, from Friday night through Sunday morning at Ponderosa Camp grounds in Larkspur.
- State 4-H Conference State Conference is the hallmark youth conference in Colorado. Youth participate in a number of workshops and leadership building activities, as well as compete in a number of various state wide contests that youth have prepared for throughout the year. Held at Colorado State University, youth have the opportunity to state in College dorm rooms and experience a taste of college life. It is typically held the third week in June.
- Colorado Leadership Camp (CLC) This conference is designed for 6th to 9th Grade students and is held in Glenwood Springs. Youth are able to attend hands-on workshops to develop and enhance leadership skills. This is a fun place for youth to meet other 4-H members from across the state. It is typically held in the fall.
Information on all these events can be found at the State 4-H Website. Parents of youth traveling out of county need to complete an Out of County Travel Permission Form and turn it in to the Extension Office with registration payments.
Colorado 4-H Dress Code
The Colorado 4-H Dress Code must be followed at all 4-H events and activities.
4-H Code of Conduct
4-H members, leaders, parents, and other adults participating in 4-H activities will follow the Colorado 4-H Code of Conduct.
The development of sportsmanship is an important part of growing up. To become contributing, competent, caring, capable adults, youth must develop sportsmanship. It’s important for people to be fair and generous competitors, good losers, and graceful winners. All participants in 4-H, County Fair, and other youth programs are expected to demonstrate the elements of sportsmanship before, during, and after their participation.