Current NPM Volunteers
Thank you for being a current Native Plant Master® volunteer! Your involvement in educating others is critical to the success of the program and future of Colorado’s native ecosystems. Whether you are already a certified Native Plant Master, or working to become one, we value every educational contact that you make and report them to Colorado State University as an important way of measuring the impact of the program.
Current NPM Volunteer FAQ’s
- How do I report my educational contacts?
- What if I haven’t applied to be a volunteer yet?
- Now that I’m an accepted volunteer, what should I do get certified as a Native Plant Master®?
- Can I take courses or classes in more than one county?
- How can I maintain my status as a certified Native Plant Master volunteer?
- When do I receive my NPM certificate?
- Can I register for NPM classes/courses at a discounted rate?
- Can I use my promo code for an employee, friend, or family member?
- Where do I get the promo code?
- How do I register with a promo code?
If you have not yet applied to be a NPM volunteer, see the Certified Native Plant Master page.
In order to be certified as Native Plant Master, accepted NPM volunteers must: 1) take three NPM courses and receive a grade of C or better on the open book course exams, and 2) teach at least 60 people. There is no time limit on how long you have to meet these certification requirements. Once they are met, you will become a certified Native Plant Master and receive a special certificate, pin, patch and window sticker in recognition of your status. You also will become eligible for a 30% discount off the price of any NPM course or class as long as you remain certified.
You may take NPM courses/classes from any county that offers them. See Colorado NPM Programs for a list of current programs in the state. However, you need to choose one NPM home county. This will be the county where you will report all your educational contacts and that will certify you as a Native Plant Master once you meet the requirements.
In order for NPM courses outside of Metro to Mountain NPM to count towards certification through us, ask the NPM Program Leader in the outside county to email email@example.com with the course(s) dates, location and your grade.
You may begin making educational contacts after the first session of the first NPM course or class you take. We send out quarterly reminders to report your educational contacts, but you may report them at any time. Contacts must be reported by November 15 in order to count for certification or recertification which occur at the end of the year.
To report your educational contacts, please download the Metro to Mountain NPM Educational Contact Report Form onto your computer and choose one of the transmission methods below:
- Save it to your computer, complete electronically and email your report as an attachment to program assistant;
- Print it, fill it out by hand and mail a copy to us at 15200 W. 6th Ave. Unit C, Golden CO 80401 or FAX it to 303-271-6644.
- Teach at least 120 people about Colorado plants during the two-year recertification period,
- Report on those educational contacts by November 15 in the second year of the recertification period.
The certification process is normally completed once a year at the end of the year. All NPM certificates are mailed directly to your address of record.
Once you are certified or recertified as a Native Plant Master, you will receive a promo code for a 30% discount on any Metro to Mountain NPM course or class. This code is for your use only.
Discounted fees are for individuals who are currently certified Native Plant Masters. The promo code you receive as a certified NPM is not transferable. Your employee, friend or family member may be eligible for a reduced fee scholarship. To apply, please print and fill out the application and send it to 15200 W 6th Ave. Unit C, Golden, CO 80401.
If you are a currently certified Native Plant Master, you will receive the promo code via email at the beginning of the year.
- Register online – click on “Enter promotional code” and pay with a credit card.
- Register with check payment. Please contact program assistant.