Family & Consumer Sciences
Financial issues for consumers are our specialty in Jefferson County. We conduct classes and provide research-based information on topics such as budgeting, living on fixed income, planning, spending, saving and investing skills. See some of our classes below. For more information, contact Mary Snow, Family & Consumer Sciences Agent at email@example.com.
We can also put you in touch with the experts in food safety, food preservation, aging, parenting, health and nutrition. Contact our offices so we can help you reach the experts – 303.271.6620.
Cottage Food Safety Statewide Online Training
- Learn food safety guidelines and the specifics of operating a home-based
cottage food business.
- Better understand the Colorado Cottage Food Act guidelines and best
- Upon completion of the webinar and passing the accompanying exam,
receive a 3-year food safety certificate.
- Friday, January 27, 9am-1pm- Register Here
- Wednesday, February 8, 1pm-4pm- Register Here
- Wednesday, February 22, 5pm-9pm- Register Here
- Friday, March 10, 9am-1pm- Register Here
- Wednesday, March 29, 1pm-4pm- Register Here
- Wednesday, April 12, 1pm-4pm- Register Here
- Friday, April 21, 9am-1pm- Register Here
Note: Registration closes 4 days prior to class date
More information: Click here
A monthly newsletter for improving health together.
Family Matters Newsletter 2023 Year
- 2023 December Newsletter
- 2023 December Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 November Newsletter
- 2023 November Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 October Newsletter
- 2023 October Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 September Newsletter
- 2023 September Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 August Newsletter
- 2023 August Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 July Newsletter
- 2023 July Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 June Newsletter
- 2023 June Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 May Newsletter
- 2023 May Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 April Newsletter
- 2023 April Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 March Newsletter
- 2023 March Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 February Newsletter
- 2023 February Newsletter Spanish
- 2023 January Newsletter
- 2023 January Newsletter Spanish
Family Matters Newsletter 2022 Year
- December Newsletter
- December Newsletter Spanish
- November Newsletter
- November Newsletter Spanish
- October Newsletter
- October Newsletter Spanish
- September Newsletter
- September Newsletter Spanish
- August Newsletter
- August Newsletter Spanish
- June Newsletter
- June Newsletter Spanish
- May Newsletter
- May Newsletter Spanish
- April Newsletter
- April Newsletter Spanish
- March Newsletter
- March Newsletter Spanish
- February Newsletter
- February Newsletter Spanish
Personal Finance Video Resources
Food assistance when you can’t afford it. Note that various food banks have requirements. Check out these links for more information.
- Food Bank of the Rockies– zip code pantry locator
- Colorado 2-1-1 Links to a variety of social and community resources
Live Smart Colorado – New Family & Consumer Science Blog. We provide education in:
- Food preparation, food safety and nutrition
- Financial Management
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Home and work environment and safety
- Relationship and parenting skills
- and much more with new information posted each week.
Food Safety Training
Jefferson County Extension hosts ServSafe Food Safety courses. Food safety training is required for all Cottage Food producers. For details on dates, fees and other information about future trainings, contact Mary Snow firstname.lastname@example.org– 303-271-6620.
The Dollar Works2© program strengthens skills in managing personal finances and making financial decisions.
Small Steps to Health and WealthTM covers topics including: health & money are inter-related; good health can reduce expenses; managing money to improve health, and; how to reduce spending and increase savings. Learn more.
$pend Some, $ave Some, $hare Some helps individuals who are entering the workforce for the first time, returning to work, or wanting to improve their financial management skills.
Money Talk: A Financial Guide for Women© provides financial, insurance and investing basics geared for women. Also included are investing for retirement and planning for future life events. Order the book.
Interested in group classes, or resources for your human resources/benefits department? Download a brochure about the Personal Finance Programs offered in Jefferson County.