4-H Summer Day Camps
ENOR Environmental Discovery Camp
Eagle’s Nest Owl’s Roost (ENOR) Environmental Discovery Camp is an award-winning program of CSU Extension Jefferson County 4-H program that has been providing outdoor learning experiences since 1974.
ENOR will look a little different next summer. Due to the necessity of managing smaller budgets in the county, we were challenged to come up with a creative way to reduce costs while still bringing the long-loved ENOR camp to the community.
- 4 ENOR week-long sessions instead of 5
- Smaller groups weekly – better personalized instruction!
- Woodpecker’s Hollow for 3rd grade campers will not be offered during the summer of 2021
- Exciting new camp for teens! We are piloting a one-week opportunity for youth entering 7th – 9th grades: ENOR: Teens in the WILD!
- Growing our volunteer Youth Leadership Team for youth 16-18 years of age
Although we have made these changes, we are making every effort to provide the same high-quality and FUN outdoor experience that our families have come to expect from ENOR!
Tentative 2021 Camp dates:
Camp is in session daily Monday-Friday. Drop off: 7:30-8:00 a.m. Pick-up: 4:00-4:30 p.m.
June 14-18 – Owls, Eagles & Falcons (4th, 5th & 6th grade) camps in session
June 21-25 – Owls, Eagles & Falcons (4th, 5th & 6th grade) camps in session
June 28-July 2 – Owls, Eagles & Teens in the WILD! (4th, 5th & 7-9th grade) camps in session
July 5-9 – No camp
July 12-16 – Owls, Eagles & Falcons (4th, 5th & 6th grade) camps in session
Tentative dropoff/pickup location: Jefferson County Fairgrounds all camp weeks.
Camp Fee: The one week camp fee is $225.
Save $20 with our Sibling Discount! Discount will be automatically applied while registering online.
ENOR’s Distinctive Camp Culture
Distinct from other outdoor camps are ENOR’s FOCUS, OUTDOOR ACTIVITY, CARE, AND PARTNERSHIPS.
ENOR’s FOCUS is environmental education and youth development rather than recreation. Each day the curriculum highlights unique environmental and social themes that guide learning. Science, math, history, drama, art, and teamwork are woven into the activities to meet the diverse interests of the young learners.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: To encourage healthy lifestyles, active engagement with the outdoors, and perseverance through challenge, the camp day includes hiking in local parks and open spaces. Campers are transported by Jeffco Public School buses to unique locations each day.
CARE: Campers are assigned to one caring educator for the week. This gives campers the opportunity to bond with their leader and peers, creating a pathway to comfort and safety, supporting an environment of learning.
PARTNERSHIPS: Personalized instruction is paired with supplemental programming from a number of community partners that enhance the opportunity for the campers to broaden their horizons and interact with professionals in various fields.
Owl’s Roost (4th grade in fall 2021)
Eagle’s Nest (5th grade in fall 2021)
Falcon’s Aerie (6th grade in fall 2021)
ENOR: Teens in the Wild (7th-9th grade in fall 2021
Youth Leadership Team (YLT) for teens 16-18 years old.
- The program involves moderate hiking and may not be suitable for children with certain health conditions.
- We do not accommodate requests for campers to be grouped with friends. However, we value that your child is interested in sharing his/her ENOR camp experience with a friend. Therefore the camp day is a balance of small and large group settings that allow all campers to spend time with familiar AND new friends! Additionally, it would be logistically challenging to honor friend requests in a manner that is fair to all campers. We appreciate your understanding and support in this matter.
Camp staff: The camp staff consists of highly qualified and trained professionals who are CPR/First Aid certified. Many are licensed teachers. The camp is recognized as a licensed child care provider.
Seeking Seasonal Outdoor Educators: We’re looking for dynamic, enthusiastic individuals to join our team. The ideal candidate must be able to guide campers through experiential learning in a safe and caring environment, possess stellar customer service skills and be a supportive team player. This position is perfect for education students that are seeking teaching experience or teachers looking for summertime employment.