CSU Extension Jefferson County program changes due to COVID-19
As we learn how to maintain community safety from the COVID-19 virus, the Jeffco Extension Office is following state and county protocols resulting in the following:
- Virtual meetings and classes are still highly recommended whenever possible. However, with the Jeffco variance, in-person meetings, classes and programs may resume if granted approval from CSU. Reminder, all face-to-face meetings must comply with CDC and JCPH restrictions.
- The Jeffco Extension office is OPEN to the public with minimal staff from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and closed on Fridays. Most Jefferson County offices have moved to a 4-day work week for cost savings. We request that everyone coming into the building wear a mask.
- The Jefferson County Fairgrounds is now a COVID testing site. If you must come to the Fairgrounds, please use the Westernaire’s entrance off of Indiana on the southern end of the property. Review the map.
- The Plant Diagnostic clinic is accepting mailed or dropped off samples. We still encourage if you are having plant/insect issues to please email pictures and information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.
- Extension staff will continue to provide customer service via phone and e-mail. Please know that many staff will be working from home and delays may be longer than usual as we comply with safer-at-home orders.
- We will continue to monitor and follow county and CSU protocols as they adjust to this ever-changing situation. Please be patient, care for yourself and your families! Check back often.