Do you want to win a ribbon at your local county fair? Come and join us on Tuesday, July 30 from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in the Green Mountain Conference Room. This class is free to everyone!
Class will walk you through:
- How To Access and Use the Fair Book and Website
- Cost to Enter
- How much fun it is to enter!
- How to select and prep your vegetables and fruits, like beans, tomatillos, cucumbers and raspberries
- How to select and prep your herbs like Tarragon, Basil and Thyme
- How to select and prep your flowers like Roses, Cosmos, Dahlias and Sunflowers
- What other fun categories there are to enter like, A Red, White and Blue arrangement, an arrangement of edible plants, or a celebration of urban living with a terrarium or dish garden or fairy garden.
Class is offered by the Horticulture Dept. of CSU Extension in Jefferson County and taught by agents seasoned fair judges. You will get insight on what a judge looks for, how to condition your flowers properly so they will last and how to increase your chances of taking home a ribbon. Most of all you will get the sense of just how much fun participating in the County Fair and Festival can be.
Although the class is free, please call and let us know you plan to attend so we can be set up and have enough handouts. 303—271-6620