Cooperative Extension began nationwide in 1914 when Congress passed the Smith-Lever Act. This Act established state Extension services as a third program branch – along with teaching and research – of the nation’s land grant universities, one of which is Colorado State University.
1917: CSU Extension Jeffco Opens
Colorado State University Extension opened its doors in Jefferson County in 1917. Organizing a farm bureau and controlling prairie dogs were priority projects.