Please read this entire post, since it has very important information that will answer many of your fair-related questions.
We are so excited to have you as 4-H members! As you know, the Jeffco Fair & Festival is the final step in completing your projects. We want everyone to not only complete your projects, but also to show them off to the community at the Jeffco Fair & Festival!
Please review the Fairbook and see the changes from last year highlighted in yellow. The Fairbook can be found online at the Current Members Page on the Jeffco CSU Extension Website. It is also attached and includes the schedule of all 4-H events and activities during fair. If you would like a printed version, contact the 4-H Office. Please remember to review all the rules required for each of your projects in the Fairbook.
Here is important information to help you register accurately:
- The directions on how to register for Jeffco Fair & Festival on the FairEntry website are attached in the FairEntry Family Helpsheet, and are posted on our Jeffco CSU Extension Website. There is a helpful video at https://vimeo.com/209918998. Please use the help sheet and video as guides to help you navigate the FairEntry system. Log into the FairEntry website using your 4honline account log-in email and password at: https://fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/1983.
- The deadline for ALL ENTRIES in FairEntry is July 6. NO late entries will be accepted. There will be an administrative charge of $5 for any changes or class drops made to your entries after July 7.
- Creative Cooks/Cake Decorating Contests/Robotics contests will all be Saturday, July 7, starting at 9:00am in the ECMR. Sign up for your contests using the appropriate links below:
Robotics Contest – https://goo.gl/forms/qTCv2w38kfhg7yTN2
Cake Decorating Contest – https://goo.gl/forms/9HuJcqP09lbNIgsi1
Creative Cooks Contest – https://goo.gl/forms/JEBqT9tAlLou8oMh2 – Cloverbuds and Adults can compete in this one too!!!
- Interviews for ALL SHOOTING SPORTS projects will be on Friday, July 20, from 8:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. in the ECMR. Please sign up for your Shooting Sports Interview in SignUpGenius at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0D4CA8AA2EA7F85-20184. Bring your display board or stand alone with your record book to Interview Judging. The contest for Trap and Muzzleloading begins at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, July 20, so be sure to complete your interview in time to get to the contest if you are competing in those disciplines. Shooting Sports members, remember to fill out the Contest #2 entry form for our second contest on July 14 for Skeet and Sporting Clays and on July 20 – 22 for all other disciplines. Your leaders can help with signing up for the contest and working on your project if you have questions. For Western Heritage members, the written test for the Western Heritage Project will be given during Shooting Sports Interview Judging on Friday, July 20, so plan to take your Western Heritage test either before or right after your interview time.
- Interviews for ALL OTHER PROJECTS will be Tuesday, August 7, from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. in the Exhibit Hall on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. You need to sign up for an interview with the judge for each of your project record books. Please sign up for interviews at the following SignUpGenius links per your project areas. A reminder will be sent to your email two days before your interview from SignUpGenius.
- Companion Animal Projects (Pet Rabbit, Llama/Alpaca, Dog): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4ca8aa2ea7f85-2018
- Horse Project: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4ca8aa2ea7f85-20182
- Livestock Projects (Market and Breeding/Show: Beef, Goat, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, Swine): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4ca8aa2ea7f85-20183
- General and Family Consumer Science Projects: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0D4CA8AA2EA7F85-20181
- There will be required Horse Project written tests and optional Livestock Incentive Program written tests on your species on Tuesday, August 7, in the ECMR from 9:00-11:00a.m. and 1:00-3:00p.m. Plan to attend this test working around your Interview times.
- 4-H Livestock check-in will be on Wednesday, August 8. Pigs and rabbits will come in from 8:00-9:00 am. Sheep, goats, and poultry will come in from 9:00 -10:00 am, and cattle will check in from 10:00 – 10:30 am. All animals must be checked in by 10:30am. All livestock, rabbits, and poultry must remain on the fairgrounds until check-out on Sunday, August 12, at 6:00 pm. Members must feed/water and clean pens for their animals by 9:00 am each day of the fair.
- 4-H Horse Show will be on Thursday, August 9, at 8:30a.m. Horse stalls have already been reserved for those requesting them, so there may not be any more space available to stall horses during the fair.
- Horse members will be prompted to nominate someone for the Penny Crosby Award in the FairEntry system.
- We are asking Horse & Horseless Horse members to sign up for Educational activities for the general public during the Fair & Festival to sign up for a time slot please click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQrfLfvW2qOCbXqXvA9TCFH2OXcZ7BxJzElQ38hqRZE/edit?usp=sharing
- 4-H Exhibitors will get free credentials to be admitted to the fair. Credentials will be given out in exhibitor packets to be picked up at your Interview Judging appointment. Approved 4-H volunteers who are helping in a specific area with 4-H events during the fair will also receive free admission credentials and can pick them up from the Extension Office. Parents and other 4-H spectators can obtain discounted admission tickets as well as discounted ticketed-event tickets and Carnival wrist bands up until June 29, 2018. For more information on purchasing the discounted tickets click here https://www.celebratejeffco.com/p/guestinfo/4h-ticket-specials visit the 4-H Newsletter for the password to purchase them 😊
- The fair opens to the public on Friday, August 10, at 12:00 pm. From this point on, credentials will be required to get onto the fairgrounds for the fair. Have your credentials with you whenever you leave the fairgrounds, so you can gain access again. Access points will be more secure this year. Please remember we are representing 4-H and need to follow the code of conduct during the whole Jeffco Fair & Festival.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed on the Fairgrounds during Jeffco Fair & Festival. We will have a hospitality area for families to place food and a designated place to eat during the fair in the Jeffco Event Center. If you have a medical allergy please see the Jeffco Fair & Festival website for additional information.
- The rabbit show is on Wednesday, August 8. The poultry/sheep/goat shows and the llama/alpaca shows are on Thursday, August 9. Please check the schedule in the fair book for the times.
- The Gymkhana, Fair Kids Discovery Day, dog show, and cattle and swine shows are on Friday, August 10. Please check the fair schedule in the fair book for the times.
- The Inventor Faire, Round Robin, Catch-An-Animal, Dress an Animal Contest, Pie Eating Contest, Fashion Revue, and Performing Arts Performances are on Saturday, August 11. Please check the fair schedule in the fair book for the times and locations. Applications for the Catch-An-Animal contest will be available in the Event Center Superintendent Office during the fair.
- Sign up for the Livestock Pig BBQ Lunch on Sunday, August 12, at 11:00a.m. using the Pig BBQ Lunch RSVP form. Please turn in your payment with your reservation(s) and payment by the Fair Entry Deadline to ensure we have proper numbers to prepare for the meals.
- Jeffco Fair Youth Market (OPEN FOR ALL MEMBERS, Please sign up in Fair Entry) will take place on Sunday, kicking off with a Pig BBQ lunch, Celebrity Livestock Show, and the Livestock Auction, followed by a Youth Farmers Marketplace. You will be contacted to complete an Intent to Sell Form. YOU WILL NEED TO PLAN TO ATTEND A YOUTH MARKET/LIVESTOCK SALES MEETING ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 7 at 6:00 p.m. and SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, AT 9:00AM IN THE EVENT CENTER. A brochure for the Youth Market is attached to use to invite the public to the event. A parent and member guide to the Youth Market is also attached
- Intent to Sell in the livestock Auction Forms are due to the Livestock Office in the Event Center by 4:00p.m. on Saturday, August 11.
- County Council is hosting an Ice Cream Social on Sunday, August 12, from 4-6pm in the Event Center. Please RSVP for the Ice Cream Social in FairEntry.
- Adults, if you are able to volunteer with a variety of duties for which we need help, please sign up at this Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MNyM4k26LosE1kVgiTPShxSk5MhibbgMff960V4m5Gs/edit?usp=sharing.
We look forward to seeing you at the fair! The official fair website is www.celebratejeffco.com where you can go to purchase tickets for other fair events and to see all the fun things that are planned for the 3rd Annual Jeffco Fair & Festival. There will be no charge for parking at the fair this year.