Please read this entire post, since it has very important information that will answer many of your fair-related questions.
We are so excited to have you as 4-H members! As you know, the fair is the final step in completing your projects. We want everyone to not only complete your projects, but also to show them off to the community at the Jeffco Fair & Festival!
Please review the Fairbook and see the changes from last year highlighted in yellow. The Fairbook can be found online at the Current Members Page on the Jeffco CSU Extension Website. It is also attached and includes the schedule of all 4-H events and activities during fair. If you would like a printed version, contact the 4-H Office. Please remember to review all the rules required for each of your projects in the Fairbook.
Here is important information to help you register accurately:
- The directions on how to register for Jeffco Fair & Festival on the FairEntry website are attached in the FairEntry Family Helpsheet, and are posted on our Jeffco CSU Extension Website as well as at this link: http://www.colorado4h.org/fairentry/documents/family-helpsheet.pdf. Please use the help sheet as a guide to help you navigate the FairEntry system. Log into the FairEntry website using your 4honline account log-in email and password at: https://fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/1224.
- The deadline for ALL ENTRIES in FairEntry is July 7. NO late entries will be accepted. There will be an administrative charge of $5 for any changes or class drops made to your entries after July 7.
- Creative Cooks/Cake Decorating Contests/Robotics contests will all be Sunday, July 9, starting at 9:00am in the ECMR. Sign up for these contests in FairEntry by July 7.
- Shooting Sports members, remember to fill out the Contest #2 entry form for our second contest on July 22 for Skeet and Sporting Clays and on July 28, 29, and 30 for all other disciplines, except Western Heritage. The Western Heritage contest is June 25 and should already have been signed up for with the Contest #1 entry form. Your leaders can help with signing up for the contest and working on your project if you have questions.
- Interviews for ALL SHOOTING SPORTS projects will be on Friday, July 28, from 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. in the ECMR. Please sign up for your Shooting Sports Interview in SignUpGenius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4dada828a13-shooting. Bring your display board or stand alone with your record book to Interview Judging. The contest for Trap and Muzzleloading begins at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, July 28, so be sure to complete your interview in time to get to the contest if you are competing in those disciplines.
- For Western Heritage members, the written test for the Western Heritage Project will be given during Shooting Sports Interview Judging on Friday, July 28, so plan to take your Western Heritage test either before or right after your interview time.
- Interviews for ALL OTHER PROJECTS will be Tuesday, August 8, from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. in the Exhibit Hall on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. You need to sign up for an interview with the judge for each of your project record books. Please sign up for interviews at the following SignUpGenius links per your project areas. A reminder will be sent to your email two days before your interview from SignUpGenius.
Companion Animal Projects (Pet Rabbit,Llama/Alpaca): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4dada828a13-companion
Horse Project: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4dada828a13-horse
Livestock Projects (Market and Breeding/Show: Beef, Goat, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, Swine): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4dada828a13-livestock
General and Family Consumer Science Projects: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4dada828a13-general
- There will be required Horse Project written tests and optional Livestock Incentive Program written tests on your species on Tuesday, August 8, in the ECMR from 9:00-11:00a.m. and 1:00-3:00p.m. Plan to attend this test working around your Interview times.
- 4-H Livestock check-in will be on Wednesday, August 9. Pigs and Rabbits will come in from 8:00-9:00 am, Sheep, Goats and Poultry will come in from 9:00 -10:00 am, and Cattle will check in from 10:00 – 10:30 am. All animals must be checked in by 10:30am. All Livestock, Rabbits, and Poultry must remain on the fairgrounds until check-out on Sunday, August 13, at 6:00pm. Members must feed/water and clean cages for their animals by 10:00am each day of the fair.
- 4-H Horse Show will be on Thursday, August 10, at 8:30a.m. Horse stalls have already been reserved for those requesting them, so there may not be any more space available to stall horses during the fair.
- Horse members will be prompted to nominate someone for the Penny Crosby Award in the FairEntry system.
- 4-H Exhibitors will get free credentials to be admitted to the fair. Credentials will be given out in exhibitor packets to be picked up at your Interview Judging appointment. Approved 4-H volunteers who are helping in a specific area with 4-H events during the fair will also receive free admission credentials and can pick them up from the Extension Office. Parents and other 4-H spectators can obtain discounted admission tickets as well as discounted ticketed-event tickets up until June 24, 2017. For more information on purchasing the discounted tickets visit our 4-H Blog Post.
- The fair opens to the public with the Jefferson County Employee Appreciation event on Thursday, August 10, at 5:00pm near the Picnic Pavilion. From this point on, credentials will be required to get onto the fairgrounds for the fair. Have your credentials with you whenever you leave the fairgrounds, so you can gain access again. Access points will be more secure this year than they were last year.
- The Rabbit and Poultry Shows are on Wednesday, August 9. The Sheep/Goat Shows and the Llama/Alpaca Shows are in the evening on Thursday, August 10. Check the schedule in the fair book for the times.
- The Gymkhana, Fair Kids Discovery Day, Dog Show, and Cattle and Swine Shows are on Friday, August 11. Check the fair schedule in the fair book for the times.
- The Inventor Faire, Round Robin, Catch-An-Animal, Sheep Lead, Rabbit Hopping and Bunny Costume Contest, Pie Eating Contest, Fashion Revue and Performing Arts Performances are on Saturday, August 12. Check the fair schedule in the fair book for the times and locations. Applications for the Catch-An-Animal contest will be available in the Event Center Superintendent Office during the fair.
- Sign up for the Livestock Pig Roast on Sunday, August 13, at 11:00a.m. using the Pig Roast RSVP form. Please turn in your payment to JLEP with your reservation(s) by the Fair Entry Deadline to ensure we have proper numbers to prepare for the meals.
- Jeffco Fair Youth Market (OPEN FOR ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE SEE JYM SPACE RESERVATION FORM) will take place on Sunday, kicking off with a Pig Roast, Celebrity Livestock Show, and the Livestock Auction, followed by a Youth Farmers Marketplace. Turn in a JYM Space Reservation Form by JULY 7 if you plan to be in the Youth Market. Then you will be contacted to complete an Intent to Sell Form. YOU WILL NEED TO PLAN TO ATTEND A YOUTH MARKET/LIVESTOCK SALES MEETING ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 12, AT 9:00AM IN THE EVENT CENTER. Intent to Sell Forms are due to the Livestock Office in the Event Center by 4:00p.m. on Saturday, August 12. A brochure for the Youth Market is available to use to invite the public to the event. A parent and member guide to the Youth Market is also available upon request.
- County Council is hosting an Ice Cream Social on Sunday, August 13, from 4-6pm in the Event Center. Please RSVP for the Ice Cream Social in FairEntry.
- Adults, if you are able to volunteer with a variety of duties for which we need help, please sign up at this Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SUz0l5dEXXTecUebGKKf9H2uadBNrp3x3jIejK4Z2Vk/edit?usp=sharing.
We look forward to seeing you at the fair! The official fair website is www.celebratejeffco.com where you can go to purchase tickets for other fair events and to see all the fun things that are planned for the 2nd Annual Jeffco Fair & Festival. There will be no charge for parking at the fair this year.